Saturday, September 26, 2015

Inspiring Words from Top Educators

“Never Help a Child with a Task at Which He Feels He Can Succeed”

-Maria Montessori

“Free the Child’s Potential, and You Will Transform Him into the World.”

-Maria Montessori

“My inspiration did not specifically come from one of my teachers, but I was inspired when I was getting my MBA at the Graduate School of Business at Stanford. I had previously received my doctorate in education (also from Stanford) and had worked in education for several years. My older son was born at the beginning of my second year in the MBA program, and I faced the same challenges that many new moms face -- trying to find quality care for their children while pursuing their professional careers. While I was extremely fortunate to be able to balance these goals, I was inspired to seek a career that allowed me to apply my expertise in education with my then newly acquired business skills. I have been incredibly fortunate to have a career that has allowed me to spend my professional time working to improve the lives of children and families” (U.S. Chamber of Congress Foundation, n.d.).

-Dr. Elanna S. Yalow CEO of Kindercare

 

Maria Montessori’s Quotes. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/maria_montessori.html

U.S. Chamber of Congress Foundation. (n.d.). EXECUTIVE PROFILE: Elanna Yalow. Retrieved from http://www.uschamberfoundation.org/bhq/executive-profile-elanna-yalow

 

4 comments:


  1. “Free the Child’s Potential, and You Will Transform Him into the World.”

    -Maria Montessori I agree so much with this and I do hope that as educators we can take a cue from this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenya,
    It's amazing to see how Elanna Yarlow took her own personal experience and use it for good. Clearly an opportunity to practice humility.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenya,
    It's amazing to see how Elanna Yarlow took her own personal experience and use it for good. Clearly an opportunity to practice humility.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria Montessori is still making a difference in classrooms today! Her methods still allow children to challenge their learning with hands on.

    ReplyDelete