Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Realistic Personal Childhood Web

Mother- My mother made sure I was fed and there was a roof over my head. She took me to church where I learned a lot of my values and morals.

Dad- I know my dad always cared about me. I did not grow up with him but we now have a relationship as an adult.

Aunt Gilda- My aunt was in and out of my life but she taught me about manners and how to do certain things. Now my aunt is in my life and we are there for each other.

Church Members- My childhood church members were members I looked at from a far and observed and learned from. I related more to the children of the church than children my age. I learned a lot of values and morals from the pastor and other church members.

*I have to be truthful with my audience. This was a hard post to write because I grew up as an only child and was not around family that much. I did not know my family from both sides of my family very well. I learned a lot through observing other people and going through my own challenges that hardly anyone explained how to get through my struggles as a child. I did not have much comfort from my parents. I had no siblings that I lived with. If church members gave me hugs it felt like out of Christian duty except for a few members that were very special to me. This lack of much family impacts me today. It is very hard for me to take criticism and I don’t really like asking for help. I am getting a little better but certain situations takes me aback.

The Mosley Family- This family was a special family to me. Their children were the first children that I knew I was great with children. I played with them and taught them things. I helped them with their homework. Their parents and aunt were very loving and accepting of me. They were my example of how a family should be. I always wanted a family like theirs one day. I am sad to say that their father and aunt (twins) both passed away within three years of each other. You do not know how much someone impacted your life until they are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment