Sunday, September 4, 2016

Speak Like Dr. Umar Johnson

     One of today's speakers I like to listen to is Dr. Umar Johnson. Dr. Johnson is a Certified School Psychologist of Pennsylvania and speaks nationally and internationally about the predicament of African and African American people across the world. He is planning to open up a school for black children to learn the skills they need to economically compete with other races in the world (Dr. Umar Johnson, n.d.).
     I love how he speaks because he speaks with authority and urgency of his cause. He sometimes dresses casually or in a professional suit depending on his audience. He speaks intellectually and knows how to respond instantly to someone that disagrees with him. I wish I could speak like he does in front of an audience so smoothly. If I could speak like him I would have probably been more effective building my non-profit organization because I would be able to speak with authority and urgency about my community (Dr. Umar Johnson, n.d.).

Dr. Umar Johnson. (n.d.). Retrieved from www.drumarjohnson.com

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I am going to do research on Dr. Umar Johnson because he seems like a great inspirational speaker and advocate for the African American community! I often listen to T.D. Jakes because his messages are powerful, very informative, and uplifting! Thank you for your information!

    ReplyDelete