Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Global Fund for Children



I first explored the Global Fund for Children website.

I came across a blog about children in Hermanos Ayer in Peru (I think it was Peru) that talked about how they are trying to keep the children in school instead of starting work so young. They have one early childhood program. They are helping the parents with their education and working skills so they can better support their children’s education.

I them signed up on their email list to email me any information about what the organization is doing for the children. I did ask could I send anything other than money and what do children need educationally in the African and Middle East region of the world.

I next went their Facebook page to Like their page and to check out the comments to see if I could connect with a person. The organization is located in Washington, D.C. and they do provide a number and address. I called the number and left a message about how to give tangible donations instead of money. I have also emailed this request.

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I also subscribed to this website and I find it very informative, and I am intrigued by their mission statement and their impact on global issues! This week I learned about issues that destroy communities and affect many children and families. Learning about these issues was a motivation to become active also make others aware. There are alot of other resources that I am going to research about the changes and outreach programs for global issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Unlike the United States I'm guessing they do not have labor laws like we do. This is a great mission to step up and help the children get their education. I wonder culturally is that normal for them to work early and do some of them rather stick with culture instead of going to school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to hear inspirational news of these missions working so hard to change the lives of children. I look forward to continuing to follow your blog and learning more from around the worlds.

    ReplyDelete