Sunday, June 26, 2016

Building ECE Research Design


What insights have you gained about research from taking this course?

I have realized that planning a research study requires a lot more than just obverting. I have to consider a lot of components that may negatively affect each other if not considered (Mac Naughton, Rolfe, & Siraj-Blatchford, 2010).

In what ways have your ideas about the nature of doing research changed?

I like to do research on my own however, I now realize the importance of having other people’s perspective included in the study. I am usually a loner in research. I usually get agitated when someone else puts in their two cents (Mac Naughton, Rolfe, & Siraj-Blatchford, 2010).

What lessons about planning, designing, and conducting research in early childhood did you learn?

I have learned the difference between qualitative and quantitative design. I like how one gives the facts and the other tells you why it might be fact. I have learned that having more than one researcher could help you validated your research. Also, I have learned that planning for a research study should be outlined first before implementing it so you what to consider in advance for a successful study (Mac Naughton, Rolfe, & Siraj-Blatchford, 2010).

What were some of the challenges you encountered—and in what ways did you meet them?

The challenges I encountered was not quite understanding the concepts in the textbook. Quite a bit of it was going over my head. I had too often find a Youtube video that would explain the concept visually for me because I am a visual learner.

What are some of the ways your perceptions of an early childhood professional have been modified as a result of this course?

When I do read studies from ECE researchers I now understand how in depth and time consuming conducting a research let alone planning one really is. I will trust the data they will collect and see how it can be implemented in the classroom.

 

Mac Naughton, G., Rolfe, S.A., & Siraj-Blatchford, I. (2010). Doing early childhood research: International perspectives on theory and practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kenya,

    I am thrilled to see you are in Group2 of our Perspectives Diversity & Equity class and I look forward to our communicating together this semester on our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kenya,

    I am thrilled to see you are in Group2 of our Perspectives Diversity & Equity class and I look forward to our communicating together this semester on our blog.

    ReplyDelete